Monday, November 3, 2008

Canceling Cable



So we've decided to live without cable television. No, this photo isn't my TV. (It's "HLJ's" from flickr.com which is a cool website but not the focus of this blog today.)

The Denver Nuggets almost convinced me to keep cable today by trading Allen Iverson for Chauncey Billups, but the decision to cancel was finalized before the trade was. And for me at least, the Phillies ended my baseball season by winning the World Series. Too bad they didn't run into the Rockies again this year. So I really have nothing to watch until April rolls around. Ash is gonna miss the new episodes of Law and Order Special Victims, and I'm gonna miss mind-numbing sessions of Family Guy that I've seen a dozen times each, but it was a choice that had to be made.
It all came down to the discretionary dollar, $400 in fact that we'd rather spend on other things for the next six months. Comcast had us, and we weren't even thinking twice about it, but then they had to go and wake us up by increasing the bill to almost double what we'd been paying with the introductory offer.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

You lie and I hate you for not visiting.

6350901. Do it.

CoastalBias said...

No seriously, that isn't my television.

Danielle said...

ok. my bad. that day was major stress.

come up to my house. I am now shackled with baby.